Man and the Nature

"Man and the Nature"
There was a time, when man was afraid of nature.
Nature was his big enemy,
And he was but a small creature.

Man worshipped nature, out of fear.
Nothing from the beautiful nature, could make him cheer.

Nature felt pity for the man.
Its own creation, afraid of it!
It wept. Nature wept.

And as the tears rolled down, there were floods all around.

TIMES CHANGED.

With the scientific and technical development,
Man progressed materially.

With his super ego raised, he climbed the Mt. Everst.
And from the top of the highest peak, he shouted loud and clear,
"I have conquered. Now nature is my slave and I am the master."

This was again a fun for the nature.
Its own creation, winning over it!
It laughed. Nature laughed.

And as the smile reached its face, man experienced an earthquake.

"Why conquer me my son?" said nature,
"I AM WITHIN YOU. CONQUER THYSELF.

Explore me for thy needs, and I will feed you forever.
But exploit me for your luxuries, and you will destroy yourself.
Maintain my ecological balance, only then you are safe."


- Ashok Shridhar Warnekar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

सुदिनम् सुदिनम् जन्मदिनम्

प्रार्थना